While the major greeting card companies have created thousands of greeting cards to say congratulations on the new baby, sometimes you can't match the card to the gift inside...so make your card to match the outfit inside the box and have some fun!
To make the card:
- Purchase or cut your own card to size.
- Choose a background paper and cut to the size of the card's face. Attach to card.
- Either print a pattern from the internet, free hand, trace, stencil, cut the animal print from your choice of paper.
- Take spots (in this case) and use a paper embossing system to add a pattern to the spots to add some extra cuteness. Attach to your card.
- Cut a strip of paper and use a boarder punch to create a lace looking strip.
- Cut a smaller strip of coordinating paper and attach to the middle of your lace strip cut from step five.
- Using foam stickers, attach to the strip created from steps five and six to the desired place on the card face.
- Cut your desired letters using a stencil or paper cutting machine. Attach to the lace strip.
- For the inside of the card, cut a slightly smaller square from the same base paper cut in step two. Attach to the inside face of card.
- Use the same paper from step four and cut a smaller square than that cut in step nine. Attach to the center of the square from step nine.
- Use a neutral colored paper to create a writing block.
- Punch holes using an awl, needle or skewer in each corner of the writing block.
- Use a dark colored brad and attach to writing block in the holes punched from step twelve.
- Attach writing block to the square from step ten.
- Write your sweet message, stuff in your envelope, seal with a kiss and enjoy putting in the mail or seeing the reaction in person at the baby shower.
|Inside of Card|
Tip: I used a giraffe pattern because the outfit I purchased for the shower was obviously a giraffe. You could create a similar card in almost any animal print. It takes a little time and a little creativity, but makes for a wonderful card for wonderful friends having their first little one.